Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Stomach Bug

It's my third day of summer vacation and I just rolled out of bed (it is 10:00 am). Sounds wonderful, huh? Not so much. Turns out I have caught a stomach bug and have been on the toilet (sorry-bad visual I know) for much of the night. Of course, being 32 weeks pregnant with diarrhea and nausea, I got worried so I called my doctor. They have put me on a clear liquid diet today and prescribed rest and staying out of the heat of the day. Tomorrow I get to do the BRAT diet (Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, and Toast) to see if that helps. The main thing I heard over and over again was plenty of fluids or dehydration could send me into pre-term labor. So, I have Tom out getting me gatorade and popsicles. Yum, yum! Not really how I wanted to spend my day off.

Sorry to our friends Jen and Nicholas who we were to have a pool party today. I had to call and cancel as I didn't want to be out at the pool going to the bathroom every few minutes-plus probably wouldn't have been good for me to be in the sun that much. Merrick was sad she didn't get to go swimming, as I was sad not to spend another fun day with the Savage's.

Guess, I will lay low here at the house today. I have to get my room at school moved tomorrow-so resting today probably will be the best.

Thanks go out to my neighbor and friend, Elva who took Merrick for the morning yesterday so I could go to school and get packed up. I am almost done. I just have my desk and file cabinet to finish and then I am officially out of the SPED room. Hooray! It was nice to get a couple hours of work done without the stress of Merrick interrupting. Merrick had a blast at Jerilynn's house so that helped as well.

Well I am feeling the brunt of being out of bed, I need to go lie down again. Hope you all are enjoying your week!

No comments: