Friday, June 6, 2008

Things I am Grateful For

I realize that I am not always so positive on my blog-mostly because it is my online journal to vent about what is happening in my life. But, after having a week that I would rather forget, I realize that maybe I need to be a more positive person. this week I focused on being sick, having so much work to do, and whining about having to pay an expensive ticket. So this morning, I thought to myself, so many things could be worse, so tonight I will list the things I am most grateful for (in no particular order):

1. Being married to the best man in the world-someone who truly loves me for me, who helps out around the house, and is a great father.
2. Having a 10 year old son who is the light of my life. He is such a good kid, healthy, and is just happy playing with his friends-thank goodness for being a kid.
3. Having a 3 year old daughter who is not going to let anyone get in her way. Her independence and demands out of life will help her to go far in life. She is also a healthy girl.
4. Being pregnant with a 2nd daughter-who is developing in a healthy pregnancy and one that hasn't caused me any major problems.
5. Having two wonderful sets of supportive and gracious parents/grandparents. We couldn't ask for better people to raise us or to be wonderful grandparents to our children.
6. Having a wonderful sister and two brothers who I love very much. Even though I don't talk with my brothers a lot, I know when we are together we truly cherish our time together. Plus having a wonderful sister who is there for me whenever I need her.
7. My children have five grandmas (two grandmas and three great grandmas) and two grandpas that love them very much.
8. The father, son, and holy spirit-and being able to embrass these in my life.
9. Owning a house that provides not only shelter but many memories.
10. Getting my dream job-after trying for the last few years, it finally paid off.
11. We are all healthy
12. Having friends who I can call just to talk or when I need a favor.
13. Having food, clothes, and other needed items in this economy.
14. The gift of being able to read, so that I can increase my knowledge.
15. Realizing that it is more important in life to spend time making memories with your children, than always fretting about a tidy house.

The list could go on and on, but that is a start. I will do this again because it sure makes me feel better.

No comments: