Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Stimulating the Economy

As you all receive your stimulus check and spend that money on TV's, appliances, cars, clothing, etc. I will be stimulating Missouri's Highways and Bridges. Yes, I found out today about how much my tickets (yes that is right, not just one ticket but two) cost me. The first ticket, if you remember, was dropped down to 5 miles over so it was just a non-moving violation. Here I was thinking $50-75 for that ticket-wrong! $113.50 was what that ticket cost me. So imagine the feeling in the pit of my stomach thinking about how awful this next ticket was going to cost me. If 5 miles over is that much, imagine what 21 miles over would cost-plus if it was in a construction zone-I will totally be screwed. More than one police officer told me that the ticket (if it wasn't in a construction zone) would be $250. Nope, it was $399.50. Yes, that is right almost my entire stimulus check will cover these two tickets and I have nothing to show for it. I just hate myself for not paying attention more while driving. Trust me, I have learned my lesson now! Hope that those Missouri Highways are smooth when you travel through!!!

1 comment:

HE who is a Tape... as in Patrick Tape Fleming said...

well look at it this way..
All those tickets combined arent as much as what I have paid over the years!
but still OUCH!
xoxo love ya
patricoxo