Ten years ago, I was anxiously awaiting your arrival. Although I was young and your daddy was training over seas, we were ready for this next step in our lives. Your arrival at 10:55 pm on May 4, 1998 meant that our lives forever changed and we were blessed with the best son any parent could ever ask for. From day one, you were always a little man. You were such a good baby, so calm/peaceful. You loved singing from day one and I always enjoyed our bedtime rituals of singing certain songs before you went to bed-boy do I miss those days. Just the other night I noticed you enjoying hearing one of "our old songs" while I sang "A your Adorable" to Merrick. Our car rides were also always filled with music-I never tired of all the toddler tunes we heard on the way to day care or on our long trips home to Nana and Bumpa's house. Although, I always managed to get a few of my songs in-which you learned the words to fast as well.
You grew up so quick and before we knew it you were a true boy-cars, cars, cars, and sports, sports, sports. I loved spending hours racing your hotwheels or playing baseball in the backyard. Gone are those days, as you have moved on to playing these with your friends. I sure miss those days and know that we will always have those memories. Now, I enjoy going to all your baseball games-it seems like forever ago when I saw you playing t-ball in Janesville at the age of 4. Now you are playing competitive-and yes I still get nervous for you and still love to watch you dominate the field.
You have always been a smart little boy-you knew your ABC's at such a young age and your memory has always been sharp. You loved hearing books and I was so glad that on our trip this weekend you spent much of the time looking at the new magazine daddy got you!
Cole, you are the sunshine in my life. You make me so happy with all that you accomplish. I see a great mix of both daddy and my traits inyou. Although I am sorry that I have passed on to you your emotional side, know that it means you care a lot about what you do and a lot about others. You will see that it is a blessing to be such a caring person. You are so patient and I want you to know that I thank you for showing me the patience with Merrick. You are an amazing brother and I can't wait to see you in action again with little Macy. Your sister's have such an amazing brother to look up to. Thank you for always showing them what is right.
I hope you have had a great 10 years of life and can't wait to see what is in store for you in the next 10. Keep smiling, keep laughing, and keep giving your best. I love you Cole. Happy 10th birthday buddy!
No comments:
Post a Comment