I had a fantastic birthday weekend. Nothing extraordinary but it was exactly the way I wanted it. Relaxing-my favorite thing to do. My neighbor asked me how if felt to be another year older and I just laughed at her. Really, why do people ask such a silly question. As if we wake up one day and think wow, I am so much more mature now because I am 29 instead of 28! It was a good laugh! I did make it to HuHot for lunch today and Tom really liked it. Cole also did. Merrick ate some but I couldn't get her to actually eat the main course. She went for rice, pinapple, and the chopped nuts and sunflower seeds. I guess atleast she got protein, carbs, and fruit-not terribly bad!
Yesterday, Cole had his first ball game. He hit a homerun (inside the park) but an actual homerun (not one on errors as others have been). Other than that, it was the worse ball game I had been to. This team stinks. I had to have a long conversation with Tom about Cole and his future in baseball. Tom as upset, but it was good to talk about. I think he totally understood what I was talking about. cole had another birthday party last night, but I got Tom to go to that one. I got some school work done so I didn't have to do any tonight. We then sat out with our neighbors --it was such a beautiful night. We enjoyed a little wine and some good conversation. My legs are not happy with me today though as they were eaten alive and I even had on bug spray. I am going to treat myself to a bath tonight so hopefully the welts will go down.
Thanks to all for making my birthday so special. Have a great week. I am sure I will!
No comments:
Post a Comment