We are beginning our second week of school and I don't think that our routine is getting any better. Merrick is fighting sleep at night, Cole is back into baseball, Tom's been working, and I am just tired and stressed out already. I was walking out of the building with another teacher who asked me--Is it May yet? How sad! What happened to the days when teachers looked forward to another year? Or did I just think they looked forward to it and they were really thinking what all the rest of us are thinking? Really, I love my job, it is just hard to get back into the swing of things.
This weekend was crazy. Tom worked so I was Mommy/Daddy all weekend. Cole had a birthday party on Saturday and his cardinals baseball team party on Sunday. We were invited to both but I tried to graciously duck out of the birthday party. We did stay for a little bit-but not long. The baseball party was another story. It was the worst party ever--I cried more than once and couldn't wait to get home to talk to tom about it. In fact I almost woke him up I was so upset. I don't have the patience or desire to share all the details, but needless to say, I was mad as there was a lot of lying and behind the back deals taking place that I wasn't aware of which ended up making me look like a fool. Tom felt so bad and being the emotional people that we are we couldn't move on. I am trying but it is hard.
Cole starts games already this next weekend. I can't believe it--where did our break from baseball go. GuessI will have to wait until November now-then basketball will start.
Well I best go-more planning to do! Have a great week.
No comments:
Post a Comment