Sunday, August 12, 2007

Wonderful Weekend

Well, this was one last wonderful weekend before the craziness of school and baseball begin again. We enjoyed a very hot but good weekend. I even allowed myself not to go in to my classroom this weekend as I knew that I will be living at school the next few weeks. I accomplished not a whole lot, but did get my closet cleaned-even Tom commented that it has been a whole year since he has seen the bottom of our closet. Sorry honey, I am trying to be more organized.

We went out with our neighbors last night for a nice dinner away from the children. it is funny, though, how many times the kids come up in conversation or how tired all four of us seemed. It was nice and the kids enjoyed hanging out with the babysitter.

Today was great, before Merrick came into our life, we spent many weekends at the mall or putzing around Targets, Walmarts, Best Buys, Old Navy's etc. but once she entered the picture we haven't been able to do this (she is too high maintenance). Today we did just that--she lasted for a few hours and it was just nice to be able to relax and not be looking for anything in particular.

Merrick starts back to her babysitter's tomorrow. I have been trying to talk it up, but we will see how it goes tomorrow. I only have 20 minutes to spend there so hopefully I can get in and out quickly without too much crying.

Cole has three more days off-lucky duck! He will enjoy some quiet time with Tom. He did find out his teacher on Thursday and was very happy. One of his friends is in his class for sure so that is also good.

I hope you all have a great week.

No comments: