My Mother:
My mom came to town this week to help me get ready for the start of school. She was wonderful as usual. She worked too hard and didn't recieve enough thanks for her help. She was not here for more than 15 hours and she had already cleaned two of Cole's drawers and two kitchen drawers, plus dusted and played Nana to not only my kids but the neighbor kids. She babysat for me all day while I went to school and organized my book shelves, closet, and bathroom (for those who don't know me this is a pretty huge task). The next day she spent over 9 hours helping me set up a beautiful room with a Hollywood theme. She is amazing. I only wish I had half of the energy she has and half of the creativity she has. My room looks better than it ever has thanks to my mom!!!
Each day I spend with my mom, is a day I feel more blessed to have such a wonderful mom. She has always given her all to be sure that we (my brothers, sister, dad, and now hubby and my kids) all have what we need and to be sure that we were all happy. She is never happy until we are happy. She has always put her needs last and did everything she could again this week to be sure that I was ready for school.
Each day I spend with my mom, I also think about how I can do a better job of being a better mom to my kids. I know that my mom was able to stay at home with us and put everything into her marriage and kids-but I don't ever feel like I do justice to my marriage or kids as my mother did. I am always reenergized to do better after my mother leaves. Thanks mom for everything you have done for me over the years and continue to do. Although it has taken me years, each day I understand more the sacrifices you made for us kids and what being a mother really means. Thanks mom!
No comments:
Post a Comment