Well, I didn't really know how else to title this blog-but today was all about the boys. I headed to school as I normally do on Thursday with a great attitude (this is my testing day so no kiddos until noon). I began in meetings at 8:15 and at 10:20 I decided to call Tom to see if he would bring me lunch as I forgot my lunch this morning. The minute he picked up the phone, I new something was wrong. He had tried to call me cell phone -- the kidney stone was back (well it has been since Monday and he missed two days of work due to the pain he has been in). Today he finally thought it would be time to go to the doctor. So I spent another hour trying to find a doctor as Tom and I have lived here for over 5 years and still don't have one. After figuring out who I could go to and getting in-I was frustrated. Then I had to take a half day off school as I didn't think Tom should be driving in that condition. So I spent the rest of my time at school doing sub plans, finding a sub, etc. I finally left school at 1:00 (a half hour after I should have) and I called Tom. He was like, "I didn't think you would have to take a half day" He was feeling better and probably could have driven himself, but I had already had a sub there so I went with him. We got back from the doctor and pharmacy at 4:00 with orders to get another CT scan and head to a urologist. All fine and dandy but the urologist appt. isn't for two weeks and the CT scan is scheduled for tomorrow. Tom and I are thinking that is dumb because a lot could happen with the stone in the next two weeks-so he will have to reschedule the CT scan for closer to the time. Ughh..
So.. I leave to go get Merrick from the babysitter and as I am driving I see this pool/ping pong table at a house with a sign that says free. Now, we only live a few blocks from the babysitter so I call Tom and say-hey come look at this pool table. I head to get Merrick and meet Tom back at the place. It is a really nice pool table/air hockey table/ping pong table. Tom doesn't think we can get it in his vehicle so he takes the ping pong part of it and heads home to borrow a truck from our neighbor. In the mean time-someone else drives by with a trailer like they were coming to get it but I had taken the "free" sign off and parked my car in front of it. I call Tom and the neighbor was gone-I say-"I think we can get it in his vehicle because it comes apart easily" So he comes back and we get it. I was laughing as my boys always need there toys. Cole loves it and it actually is in pretty good shape for free. It even had all the pool balls, cues, ping pong paddles, air hockey equipment-so we were pretty set. Guess something good came out of the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment