Ahhhh.. I can breath a sigh of relief tonight as I have had a wonderful week. I absolutely love my class this year. Not that I didn't love my kids in previous years, but I had some kids for three years and I just needed some new blood! These kids are actually kids who want to learn and want to work hard to make some great progress. I am so excited and ready for the chance to push some kiddos into really learning and getting back into their regular classrooms. Yippee! Maybe I should knock on wood, as I may be pulling my hair out by years end, but so far, so good. Even my little 1st grader is heading in the right direction!
Not too much else going on. Cole has his first game tomorrow-although it has rained quite a bit tonight so we will see. I think that I am going to take Merrick to a discovery/imgination station tomorrow morning before the game. Thought it would be nice to get her out and doing something herself. Cole has another birthday party tomorrow night as well.
As for my birthday plans-church, maybe kids fest, and then to Hu Hot for supper. Thanks to my sister-in-law, Sara, for introducing me to the place, and my cousin, Jennifer, for bringing me to the place for my first experience, I have been waiting for one to open in the KC area. Well there is one "down south" in Olathe, so I am trying to convince Tom that this is where I want to eat. We will see. With it being farther away, I don't know if we will make it but it is my hope. I also plan to not do any school work that day, but we will see.
One last shout out-Happy Belated Birthday to Carrie Karr and Kacie Kiser! I hope you both had wonderful birthdays! I miss you both and hope all the kiddos as well as you and your spouses are doing well.
Hope you all have a great weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment