Sorry for neglecting the blog for the last week. I was back in Sibley, Iowa visiting my parents and Tom's parents for the week. It is always nice to be with family, but I am so glad to be back in my home tonight. Although it is a day earlier than expected I am glad.
We enjoyed our visit back to Iowa-Tom, the kids, and I drove up last Friday and spent time with his parents that night. Merrick rode three ponies and loved it. I will post pictures soon-but too tired tonight. Cole was not up for it. He is his mommy's son and isn't so fond of animals. We spent Saturday at the Lakes (Spirit Lake/Okoboji). The kids enjoyed riding on the jet ski and a trip to Arnold's Park. Tom's mom and I enjoyed some beer as we were stressed throughout much of the day! We also went to the bar with Tom's parents and brother on Saturday night-much needed break from my princess. On Sunday, we enjoyed brunch with my parents and Tom put up my parents new outdoor lights. He is there handy man. We also attended my Tom's sisters soon to be step-son's birthday party and got to see her new house. We love it Sara! That night we endulged in too much food at my parents house.
Tom left Monday and my mom took me shopping for new decorations for my school. On a side note-I will be teaching special education again this year. It was too late in the year to hire a SPED teacher-so although they opened a 4th kindergarten room, I will not be moving my stuff there. I was kind of bummed when it finally came to realizing I didn't get the job (I was mad because no body told me-just assumption as they opened a new classroom and I was never contacted!). But my mom is coming and will help me get my room ready and things will be great!
The kids and I spent time with my grandma's on Monday and Tuesday. We also went swimming at the local pool with my nieces. Overall we had a great time and my parents and Tom's spoiled the kids and us as well. Thanks mom's and dad's.
On Wednesday, the kids and I headed to Minneapolis, MN with my parents for the Twins game and for the ground breaking of the new stadium as well as to see my sister, Ashley who lives there. Tom headed up Wednesday afternoon also to meet us. We checked into the hotel and my sister's boyfriend calls her to make sure we were all ok as he just had heard the bridge had collapsed. We were just a few miles from the site. In fact, Tom had excited off 35W just a few exits before getting on the bridge right around the time the tragic accident happened. My heart goes out to all that were affected. We were very thankful that Ashley, her boyfriend, and her friends were not on the bridge when it happened. So the groundbreaking ceremony was cancelled as well as the game for today so I decided I was ready to be home and we headed back. Merrick was wonderful for the entire trip home (sleeping half of it). Cole stayed in Minneapolis with my parents. He is going to attend the games this weekend and then my mom and him will fly down to KC on Sunday. Then I get her help for a few days before she heads back home. I am so thankful. I hope you all have been doing well and can't wait to hear from you.
1 comment:
MAN what a week! glad you had fun! Glad Tom didnt have to drive on that bridge.. crazy shit.. patrick
Post a Comment