Wow-where did the summer go. I can't believe that tomorrow is my last day off. Did I accomplish anything this summer-ummm, a tan! I didn't do much but I guess I enjoyed my summer. I didn't get some things done that I know I should have-but I do seem to get more accomplished when I am busier.
Thanks again to my mom, my room is a lot better prepared than usual. I feel much better going to school on Friday knowing I won't have to spend so much time on decorating or organizing. Now it is just -- what will my kids be working on this year.
Cole enjoyed his time with my parents. He came off the airplane with a new Twins jersey and Joe Mauer side burns to match. He got to meet two Twins players at a restaurant he was at with my parents (I know one was Tori Hunter but don't remember the other one). He also was on TV three times while at the game-even those side burns got a close up. I will have to take a picture of him with those on-defintely a laugh. He was spoiled way too much and he continues to be busy. Tom took him to the Twins vs. Royals game here in KC last night and tonight he is at the game again with a friend for the friends birthday. 5 games in 8 days isn't bad for a 9 year old. We will see if he is ready for the structure of school. He should find out tomorrow who is 4th grade (yes, I said 4th grade-where has my baby gone) teacher is. Of course I already know, but mums the word until the official letter comes. One great thing about teaching in the same school as Cole is that I get to have a minor say in who he gets-although if you all know me, I don't ever want to say which teacher I actually want but I do say who I don't want him to have. That's for two reasons-First, I don't want any teacher to think I don't like them at my school and second, I wouldn't want to be completely responsible for Cole having an awful year because I picked a teacher who he didn't get along with. Last year I was very pleased with Mr. Langhorst, and this year I am sure I will be pleased with his female teacher. He also started Fall baseball practice on Monday. Only a week off-thanks dad! Oh well, a couple more weeks off before I actually have to attend a ball game.
Merrick enjoyed having her Nana here and being back home and playing with her friend Jerilynn. Although we have been talking about Barb, I am not so sure that she is really ready to be back at her house. She is loving her brother's "pewter" pickup but has not mastered the concept of driving it. She still continues to enjoy riding her big girl bike. Although while we were gone, Jerilynn (our 6 year old neighbor) learned how to ride without training wheels-I am hoping Merrick doesn't notice until next year as she is a little too young for that and if she knows Jerilynn can do it then she thinks she can too as they are the same size.
Well, I want to get my house picked up-my mom kept it so clean I hate to let it slide now. I start school on Friday (just teacher meetings until next Thursday) so I don't know how my updating will be. I hope all my teaching friends have a great start to their year and all the rest, enjoy the rest of the summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment