Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Reality hits!

Tonight was back to school night. Seeing all of the kids gets me very excited but very nervous as now I know that I am not actually ready to teach my little darlings. I got to see many of my kids but I only talked to the parents whose students went to a new teacher. It makes me feel good, as they are all sad to let me go--but it will be good for them to move on. I was really sad when I saw the kindergarten kids that I taught in summer school looking for there classrooms. I wanted to say--oh, I wish I was your teacher. Oh well, maybe next year. I also came to a sad moment when a mother was taking items off my wish list and I had to tell her that these were items for my classroom and she thought that I was an actual theater room (just for fun) and she was going to buy me things. I told her I put them out for the parents of my kids--unfortunately this was at the end of the night and nobody had taken any items from my wish list so I think she felt bad for me. I just felt to bad to allow her to buy me things for my room when she had no idea what I did or who I was. Sorry, I am tired and rambling.

Merrick has had a great two days at the babysitters. She hasn't cried when i left, but just a few times during the day. Nothing awful like I thought it may be. Our nights are pretty stressful as we are not into routine yet. We will get there in a couple weeks.

Cole was excited to see all his friends in his class tonight at Back To School Night. He says he isn't ready, but I think he really is ready to be with his friends every day again. He will enjoy one final day off with Tom tomorrow.

Enjoy your hump day. I believe that we have an end in sight to this awful heat. I am ready!

No comments: