Saturday, July 12, 2008

The Boys are Back in Town

In front of The Baseball Hall of Fame at Cooperstown, NY!
At Fenway in Boston!

Tom and Cole made it back to Kansas City yesterday! They had a spectactular/whirlwind of a 5 day trip. It sounds as if they had a magnificent time- and surprisingly- being in a vehicle for 5 days straight with my wonderful family was not as bad as anyone may have guessed. They did have two minor medical situations-my sister got overheated at one of the ball games and became pretty sick sitting in the car for hours. Cole then was attacked by some bug that likes to eat ear wax (this was according to Bob, my sister's boyfriend, who is in med school). It got in the ear and by some miracle, Tom was able to stop it from going further and finally get it out before they had to go to an emergency room-Great Job Daddy!

According to the boys, Fenway Park in Boston was their favorite thing (although Tom is still out as he loved it all-I think he was like a kid in the candy store going to all the ballparks and Cooperstown). Their least favorite probably was driving until 5 am one morning and stopping in a hotel for 3 hours then leaving again by 8:30 am. Don't ask, don't know why they even bothered stopping but I believe with the heat of the ball games it may have had something to do with needing a shower.

They had many of stories to share and it really sounded as the whole group has great fun bonding. I am so glad. I am also glad that they are home as I was worried the last few days that baby Macy may make and entrance into the world without her daddy and brother around. But, she knew better and is still nestled away inside my belly waiting for her entrance. I had a doctor's appointment on Wednesday and the doctor made me feel as if things could happen. She stated that I was definitely different than the week before and definitely dialated to a 2. She then preceeded to say, "I am on-call tomorrow, maybe I will see you." I told her, "No, I can't go tomorrow, Tom is not home yet!" But then of course all night I kept thinking I may have the baby and I wasn't ready, etc. I had my mom nervous, cause she kept asking me if I was ok. But to no avail, there is no baby! I am trying the 3 step approach, shared to me by my friend Jen. We have done the 3 steps already and will continue to try-can't hurt, but maybe won't help. We will see!

Cole's having a couple people spend the night tonight, I didn't really think it was necessary, but then again, I won't want him to once the baby comes, so it will be fine. Then the guys have a helmet drive tomorrow to raise funds for their World Series in a couple weeks. They were to have the drive today but it poured all morning. Made for a lazy day around here.

My mother, who is a saint, left with my dad this morning. I sure do appreciate everything she did to help get me ready, from cleaning to organizing, decorating to decluttering. I am more ready for baby and to teach Kindergarten than I was a week ago. Thanks Nana! In fact, she just called to say she found me a robe-she made my dad stop on the way home because we couldn't find a youthful, long robe. She is a god send. I can't even begin to share how wonderful my mother is, but I have the house to show for it.
On one last final note-Cole's ball team won their tournament last night. Due to rain, Tom and Cole made it back for the championship game. Cole pitched and after a few struggles early on, he went on to pitch a tremendous game and they won 14 to 6! It was nice to have gone 4-0 in the tournament and a great way to get ready for our World Series. Congrats to Tom, Cole and all the Missouri Bandits on their great season and victory! I am also happy that the season is over as I was getting tired of battling Merrick and sitting in the hot weather watching baseball every night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hola, como va?, interesante Blog, me gusto mucho, bueno cuando tengas tiempo podes pasarte por el mio, saludos!!, que andes bien

Luis

Anonymous said...

Concentrate to the things that could give information to the people.