Sorry it has been awhile, but the days just seem to fade away once summer hits. I finished summer school on Wednesday and have been busy ever since. I would like to say I was having fun, but mostly just picking up as my parents are here this evening. Tom, Cole, and my dad will leave at 5:00 am tomorrow morning for Ames to begin their trek to Cooperstown. My mom is here and she has already began my nesting for me-just in one night she has bought more organizers and organized all Merrick's hair accessories-plus gotten all my baby items out so we could see what needs to be washed. Looks like my nesting will get done-just not by me.
We enjoyed our 4th of July with our first annual block party. It was nice, but Tom had to work and everyone was drinking so it got to be a long night for this pregnant girl all by herself-of course the kids kept me busy. The fireworks got to be a bit old. Here in Missouri it is legal for fireworks so they started shooting things at 3:00 pm. By 11:00 I had had enough and really appreciated living in Iowa where you had to go to a fireworks show that had a finale which meant an end. I think they could have gone on and on, but since I went inside and they were shooting them in front of my house, I think they felt they needed to end it.
This week will be spent preparing my classroom and baby stuff so that when Tom gets back hopefully we can get this baby to come a little early. We will see. Hope you all have a great week.
No comments:
Post a Comment