Saturday, July 19, 2008

Patience

I have always felt as if I possessed the virtue of patience! I was a SPED teacher for 6 years. I have a strong willed daughter who requires loads of patience. But with this third pregnancy, I have not been the most patient person. I realized last night that I need to relax and just be patient. I should enjoy this last week (hopefully) of pregnancy, enjoy the movements I feel with little Macy, knowing that I will never be doing this again. I am trying with all my might to do this, but it is hard when it is 90+ degrees with 100% humidity outside, two cranky kids, and a hubby who has to work all weekend (which means sleeping all weekend). I tried taking Merrick to the park this morning as Tom said it wasn't that hot out, boy was he wrong. We walked to our neighborhood park and Merrick didn't even want to play as she was hot and tired and then we had to make the trek back, Merrick was miserable, I was miserable-not a great start to the day. I am going to try my hardest to stay busy today and tomorrow and pray that on Monday my doctor will give me great news-a date for getting induced. I just realize that this baby is just like my two others and needs a little pit to get things started.

Lord, grant me the ability to be patient, to enjoy Macy as she continues to grow and thrive in my belly, to know that Macy will make her entrance when she is ready, and to enjoy my two kiddos before we add one more to the mix. Help me to stay busy, get my work done, and enjoy the summer, as I will long for it once school starts again.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: