I know it has been summer for awhile now, but today finally felt like our first great summer day. Merrick and I had a play date this morning with Jen, Nicholas, and Baby Matthew. We headed to Independence Center for some play time in the center of the mall and some talk time for the adults. Merrick and Nicholas played so well together, the time just really slipped by. Only a tiny meltdown was had by merrick but a little redirection and we were back in the game. We enjoyed lunch at O'Charley's and then said our good bye's. Matthew was so adorable and is growing up already in the month since we have seen him. He is such a good baby, of course made this mama want her little one to come as well-but it was good to get out.
We headed home, Merrick took a nap, and then Daddy, Cole, Merrick and I headed to the "munity" center (community center) to do a little swimming. Merrick, Cole and daddy actually enjoyed the water-my swim suit was definitely not attractive and so I didn't get in. It was super hot out and I tried asking Tom if it would be ok, if I got in (meaning did it look ok, to atleast get in quick). He gave me a look like, I won't be caught dead near you if you get into this water with that swimsuit. I know I could have went in with my shorts and tank over the suit but I hadn't brought any other clothes and I needed to stop by the grocery store on the way home-so I sat out with my feet in the pool. I got too hot though and was ready to go within an hour and 15 minutes. But the kids had a good time and it was nice to get a little sun and see the kids swim for awhile, plus just be together as a family again this summer! May try to get to the pool again tomorrow-we will have to see. Cole has practice.
I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow-of course it is with the nurse prac. so I don't think I will get to hear any great news. Due to my increase in appetite again, I may have gained some weight and my fingers seen to be swelling a little, maybe that will help get me an induction date. Also, today my back has been hurting pretty bad-no, it is not contractions, just aches as it used to after I had Merrick. So, Tom says I need to whine about that also and maybe that will help move something along. We will have to wait and see.
Hope you are all enjoying the summer, I know I did today!
No comments:
Post a Comment