Yes, I have made it to my final week of summer school. We are all very ready-Cole, Merrick, myself and even Tom (who has been graciously getting Cole and the neighbors on and off the bus each day). The week will go by fast-just hope the rest of the summer doesn't.
We have been so busy with games, games, games. Tonights were not so great-the Cardinals were not well matched against the KC Expos who blew us away (don't even want to talk about it). Cole pitched and had a good game, but they came up very very short of the Expos. I am so ready for baseball to be over. Don't get me wrong, I love watching Cole play. I have never been shy about how I think he has some natural ability when it comes to baseball, but with a 2 1/2 year old, 90+ degree heat and humidity, and working with 20 pre-kindergarten students, I am drained. We all need to get back into some normalcy. Merrick actually slept in until 10 am on Saturday as she was sooo tired. Too bad, mommy had to get up and be ready for the water department.
My brother Pat and sister-in-law Ashley came down to watch Cole play on Friday. We lost, but it was nice to see them. Wish they could have stayed longer, but maybe we can hang out some more in July while Pat is down here playing during his tour.
Well, I am off to read my book. I think I haven't been posting for two reasons-not much new going on in our lives and I am reading this summer. When I am hooked on a book, I can't stop reading. Probably a better past time then being on the internet anyway. I wanted to give a few shout outs.
One to my friend from high school, Rita who had a baby girl named Katie (don't know details but saw beautiful pictures.) Congratulations Rita and family! And another to my friend Jen who is a most wonderful friend and even more wonderful mommy to son, Nicholas--it is her birthday on Wednesday and I totally forgot until tonight when I was talking to her. Happy Early Birthday Jen!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment