Sunday, June 17, 2007

Father's Day "Blast"







So, I was trying to do a play on words. Did you figure it out? I'll give you all a little hint--Cole had a ballgame tonight. Give up-- Cole gave Tom the best Father's Day present--he hit a homerun tonight!!! Yeah!!! So, it wasn't over the fence but needless to say we still are counting it as a homerun. Tom told Cole this morning that hitting a homerun would be the best present so Cole delivered. Of coures, I was late to the game, so all I saw was Cole crossing home plate. He also had a double and walked. He played first base and made some great plays. Three other boys on Cole's team also hit in the park homeruns. The boys needed this great win. They won 18 to 4. The score would have been probably would have been 20-0 but Tom and Jerry were trying to be nice to the other team--they pitched a little boy who has never pitched before (who did pretty good) and they did not steal or send runners as much as they normally do. Elva (my neighbor-Jerry's wife) and I were in the stands irritated as we know other teams in competitive league are not so nice. Well, it was a good game to start our week of baseball!

Tom's parents left around noon today, so we went to the community center and went swimming. Tom said he had a great time. The water felt great. The kids had a wonderful time. Cole was excited as the last time we went he didn't go off the diving boards or the aligator We only stayed a short time to not wear out the boys. We then came home and took naps to rest up for the game. We hope you all had a great Father's day as wonderful as Tom's.

No comments: