Monday, June 4, 2007

Survival of the Fittest!

Ok, probably not the best slogan for my blog today! But I did make it through my first day as a Kindergarten teacher. I would like to say it went better than it did but I would be lying. I was pretty relaxed-maybe too much. I sent two kids home on a bus when they were to be at Kid Zone (after school care at school). Needless to say I didn't know that until after school when I checked my mailbox. There were transportation notes in there. Oops. Anyway I know I wasn't the only one who did it but still embarrassing as I was trying to do so well. I guess as a SPED teacher, I don't always check my mailbox but once in the morning and once at night. Learned my lesson. Other than that the kids were pretty good. I have a few boys who are not into sitting still or listening-one in particular who was the smallest but he was spitting and hitting kids all day. He cried this afternoon as I had him in a safe spot-what can I say-but I did love the day. It was so fun to have the kids giving me hugs and ready to come back tomorrow.

We went to Tom's ball game tonight-his team actually won 15-8 (or something similar). Cole was playing on the playground and got the wind knocked out of him. We are watching him to make sure that their are no broken ribs. We don't need that now as having him on two teams means 6-8 games per week. Poor kid won't have any time to enjoy summer.

Well I need to email one of the teams letting them know about practice, plus I need to prepare a new transportation sheet for tomorrow-so I get my kids in the right places. I may post a few more pictures from the wedding later but it is in Tom's folder and I can't access the ones I want. Have a great week.

No comments: