Have I already titled one of my blogs this? Probably because I am the worst procrastinator. I would rather not do my work and then whine about it that I don't get it done. Perfect example, I needed groceries-but I have put it off all week. So, I go tonight while Cole is at practice. Tom had to work so I had to trudge out with Merrick. Needless to say, Merrick is not feeling well-she is getting molars-plus I believe she has some virus as she has been running a temp (she doesn't usually get a fever with teething). So two yards into the grocery store-she is screaming. I think-should I leave-then I think, no I have to get something as my in-laws are coming and I don't have food in the house. So i proceed on-it doesn't get better even after the bribery. I got through about half the store and said, "We are leaving". I got a few things but now I have to go back. I called Tom and said, "Make me go grocery shopping when you are not working so I don't have to bring Merrick!" She is now sleeping with ibuprofin in her system! Wish I could go grocery shopping now.
On another note, I was talking to a colleague of mine who is always in the know about what is going on at my school. She was asking me if I knew anything about our new special education teacher (who is replacing the girl who was placed in another school against her wishes). She wanted to know if she was a new teacher. I told her she was and she was bummed because that meant she had to have monthly meetings with her. She preceeded to say that it was ok, because Mike (my new principal) said to plan on having a new kindergarten teacher. I was kind of bummed. I knew deep down that I wouldn't get the job this year as it would be too hard to replace me, but it still didn't feel good. I was telling Tom, of course he had no sympathy. He kept saying, "what did you think? Did you really think they would replace you?" I know I need to move on and start thinking about next year. But I am loving summer school with the kindergarten kids so much (besides the fact that I am missing out on my summer with my kiddos).
On the home front, Cole finally played another game this week. They won, 15-10. We thought we were in for another crappy game as it started with the other team scoring six runs in the first inning. We ended up holding them to 1 run in the second, none in the third, and one in the fourth. We only had one umpire-who was probably 55 years old, thick glasses, and no idea of what was going on in the game. He asked us if the fourth inning was the last inning. We told him it was 9:29 (the games were to last 1 hour and 45 minutes) and so we said that we should not start another inning. He asked the coaches from the other team who of course said, lets play another inning. My neighbor, her daughter, Merrick, and I decided to leave. We figured the boys would blow it (we are not real confident in our team) and we weren't going to sit around to watch it. Plus the girls needed to sleep. So we left, got lost, and finally made it home to find out they won! Cole walked one person, hit one person, and struck out three others to end the inning with no scoring. We were glad, but turned out my neighbor forgot her key so we sat in the car letting the girls sleep until the boys got home. We decided it was best we always leave in that situation-we must be bad luck.
Well I better go and get some laundry done. Have a great weekend. We are in for the start of a long baseball stretch. Cole has a game every night this next week (only because of being on two teams). I really feel bad for him as I get tired watching the games, can't imagine playing so many. I will try to post some pictures of our weekend on Sunday. My in-laws will be here so will try to take a few new pictures.
If I don't post before Sunday-Happy Father's Day to all the wonderful father's (and those who have to be both the father and the mother).
No comments:
Post a Comment