Saturday, June 16, 2007

Midwest Summers Return

The Bulldog
Yes-it is hot. The first heat wave of the season has hit-hot and humid. It always seems as though the first heat wave is soo much hotter than it probably is. I think our bodies are not accustomed to it yet. By, August 90's will feel great. I always miss my San Diego weather at this point but know that the pools will warm up so we can enjoy our summer.

Tom's parents are here visiting. They are all out at the ballpark (Royal's game) tonight. I have never been shy about saying that Merrick is a very strong willed child, so I made an excellent decision in not attending with them. There is no way I could handle her being whiny in this 90 degree weather. We stayed home and enjoyed a little time in the slip and slide, riding our bike, playing on the swingset at the neighbors and just spending some time playing!

Last night, Cole had a ball game with the Bulldogs. It was a good game-but we lost. Cole pitched and did a great job (another 7 or 8 strike outs). Fielding hurt us big time as the team made several errors. Cole did well at the plate as well. He had a single, double, and advanced to first on catcher's interference. Grandma and Grandpa enjoyed watching the game even though it was a little warm and they had just driven 5 hours.

Today, Cole had practice with the Cardinals. I took my mother-in-law to the City Market and she enjoyed it (atleast what she could enjoy with a whiny 2 year old). Tom, Kim (Tom's dad), and Merrick all took good naps this afternoon. Mary (Tom's mom) and I sat out tanning ourselves and enjoying a Pina Coloda. Cole watched the Cubs game. Then they headed to the Royals.

Not too much planned for Father's day tomorrow. I will make brunch and Cole has a ball game at 7:00. Depending on what time Tom's parents leave-maybe we will head to the swimming pool.

Hope you all enjoy the rest of your weekend.

No comments: