I can't ever believe how fast the weekends go. I was not busy this weekend, it just seems like it flew by-probably because I get to look forward to 5 great days of kindergarteners-which by the way-looks like I have the worse class. One of the other teachers told me on Friday, that my kids just are really struggling. I said, I thought maybe it was because I am not used to having a whole class (structure, routines, and such are not what I am used to doing with a whole class). She said, no, I think that you just have a young group. She also proceeded to tell me that she only has 6 boys in her class and 14 girls. Well, no wonder, I have 12 boys and 8 girls. Makes a difference when boys tend to be rowdier and more immature. Oh well, 3 weeks left. I am enjoying it-but can't wait for some time off. My house is continuing to look like the usual pit as it does working during the school year. Need to spend a good hour tonight putting away laundry and picking up.
Cole had a game on Saturday. He hit really well. He has finally gotten his power swing back and ripped a double. He also hit a hard ball but the pitcher was able to field it. He was also hit by a pitch. The team lost again, 8 to 6. We just can not get it together. These kids just do not listen to Tom and jerry and they are getting so tired. I hope that Tom can get a better team next season. Cole also went to the Royals game with a friend who was having his birthday party. He spent the night and Merrick and I picked him up this morning. Merrick and I were exhausted from being in the sun so we played in the basement and watched Max and Ruby-our new favorite. Tom also called and we spent some time discussing possible honeymoon locals. Any suggestions of great places in Mexico-let us know. We would love to find something other than Cancun.
Cole, Merrick, and I went swimming at the community center with our neighbors. Unfortunately it rained all morning and into early afternoon so it hadn't warmed up enough to go to the outdoor pool. We spent a couple hours in the indoor pool. Merrick was such a fish last year, but this year she is scared to be standing or floating on her own. Mommy got her workout in, pulling Merrick around. Cole's friend forgot his swimming trunks so Cole was alone swimming. He got bored fast and they went to play pool at the pool tables. Hopefully we can go with Tom next time so Cole has someone to swim with. Well I am tired, I need to get my laundry done and put away so Tom can enjoy his day off without us tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment