Saturday, June 9, 2007

Accident Prone


When I was growing up, I was always the accident prone one in my family. I am in the one who had the most stitches, the one who broke her leg in two places, and the one who always was falling. Something about being the second child and wanting to be the dare devil-well I think that both of my kids got this from me. Cole had his incident earlier this week and then Merrick had her turn last night. I took Cole, Merrick, and the neighbors to the park in our subdivision last night. Since Cole and Jordan were bored, I suggested doing some racing around a path in the grass area. They were racing and having fun until Merrick joined in. Needless to say she was running and hit the pavement (face plant was the phrase Jordan used). She sits up crying and sure enough she scraped her face badly. I think the pictures tells it all. She calmed down pretty quickly but we headed for home for our boo boo bear. She was bothered by it when she went to sleep as for those of you who don't know Merrick, she bangs her head into her hands to fall asleep at night. This didn't feel good on a scraped up face. We will see how nap goes today. Anyway, hope you all have a great weekend. The weather is beautiful here-low 80's without humidity. Cole has a ball game this afternoon and Tom works the weekend. I think we will head to the pool tomorrow. We finally broke down and got a membership to the community center. I have to prove to Tom that I will use it (this summer I am not worried about-but I will have to move my bottom there during the winter to excersize).




So after I initially wrote this post, I realized that my kids are just going to be prone to accidents as Tom was also the one in his family always with stitches, bruises, scrapes, etc. What do you do?

No comments: