Don't worry, I know that Halley's Comet will not be back for years, but if you really want to see Halley's Comet before it comes back around Earth-head to your local bar. This past Saturday night, Tom, Mary (Tom's mom), and I met up with my neighbors at a bar in North Kansas City. Now, if you remember the last time I went out with my neighbors I got a little too drunk and had a good time. So, my neighbor deamed it necessary for me to get drunk so I would dance. She and her daughter went to the bar and asked for the strongest shot that they could give me to knock me out. Now, let me tell you I had no part in wanting this. I was tired and planned on just having a few drinks-nothing much. No, they wanted me drunk. So here comes this guy. He sits up on the railing with his legs apart. They had just done this shot thing on the dance floor where you laid your head back and they poor the shot down your mouth, so I thought that is what I was going to have to do. Then out comes matches. I was a little concerned. This shot was not a normal sized shot and the guy proceeded to tell me to not smell it just drink it. So he explains that he will light it on fire and then add this stuff to the top and once the sparks go out I am to drink it. Ok, being the naive one that I am, I watch him do this and then think that this would be hot and how was I to down a shot that was as hot as coffee. Well it wasn't, but it was the worst tasting shot I had ever done. It had this powder stuff that left the most awful after taste that then I had to practically down my other drink as I could not get rid of the taste. Needless to say, I did get drunk quickly. But the plan backfired on them as it was a country bar and they were only line dancing, something I do not know how to do. Then the daughter got a headache and they had to leave. So, it seemed a waste plus it tasted awful. I don't recommend anyone having one although it was pretty to look at.
No comments:
Post a Comment