Wednesday, June 27, 2007

A Break from Baseball

Due to a late day summer shower, there was no baseball at the Gacke residence tonight. Cole was to have practice but didn't make it there for too long. I know he was glad, as was I because the poor thing must be tired. I have both Merrick and Cole in bed and it is just 8. The last two nights it has been 10:30 before lights out in both the kids rooms, so I am hoping they can try to catch up on a little sleep tonight. Baseball will be ending just in time for summer school to be over--but maybe we can then enjoy some rest and relaxation for a few weeks. Last nights ball game was not too much better than the night before. All these games just keep running together so I can't say, I even know how Cole did. I do know that he played in the catcher position last night and did a pretty good job considering this was his first attempt at it. I think Tom wants him to play all positions--because we don't have anyone that is competent at other places. Tom is already recruiting for the fall league. He wants a good team, so bad. Turns out the Cardinals that we joined are not the best either. They are much better than the Bulldogs, but I think Tom just wants a team that others want to be on. I tried to tell him we just need to try out with an established team, but he is determined to coach, so we will see.

I went ahead and finally contacted the superintendent of hiring in Liberty about a Kindergarten position. I still don't think any thing will happen this year, but want to get my name to him so next year will be a better opportunity. He emailed me back to set up an appoitment to talk. He always wants to meet face to face, so no big deal. I need to call his secretary tomorrow to set that up. I also emailed my principal again before to get the go ahead. He saw one of the Kindergarten teachers from my school yesterday and made it sound like he doubted anything would happen this year, but he knew I would be great on the Kindergarten team. I feel so much better knowing that I may finally get into regular ed. I hate to say that I am burned out in SPED already, but I am, especially with children. The paperwork is so much and I don't get the materials and support that I deserve so we will see.

Well I best be getting the kitchen cleaned up. I want to also get to sleep before midnight tonight. Hope that everyone had a great week. I will try to post some pictures this weekend. I am looking so forward to our weekend. It is Tom's weekend off and we have not had one weekend without anything going on in a very long time so I am excited. Take care!

No comments: