Saturday, July 7, 2007

Guaranteed 3rd Place =)

It is now 10:45 on Saturday night and I just got the boys uniforms in the wash as we are playing ball again tomorrow. It was a great day at the ballpark for the Bulldogs. We played at 11 and beat that team pretty easily. Cole did awesome pitching once again. He had a no-hitter the three innings he was pitching-he also struck out 6 batters! The soft toss also helped his hitting as he was 4 for 4. He ripped a line drive double (down the right field line) and also had some other great rips. We were very happy. We came home after that --Tom layed down and tried to sleep, merrick finally fell asleep, I cleaned a little, and Cole rested while watching TV. I then sent Tom and Cole with the neighbors to the game (since Merrick hadn't slept enough and I wasn't ready to deal with a cranky 2 year old at the ball field in 90 degree heat). Which by the way--it was the hottest day this year and we were on the worst ball fields--it is in a valley with no breeze and no shade--we were all burnt after the 11:00 game. Anyway, Merrick and I headed down to the fields and made it by 5:10 for a 5:00 game. Needless to say, the team playing before us were in sudden death/extra inning play. As I said, we were to start the game at 5:00 well the first pitch was thrown at 6:33 pm. Wow, we were all huddled under the little shade they had waiting for our game to get started. Once it did, we fell 0-3 in the first inning. We came back and tied it the second inning. We then battled back and forth for the next few innings. At the bottom of the sixth inning we were tied and the time limit was up--so we headed into sudden death/extra innings. We were the visiting team, so Cole was put on second base to begin the inning. He stole third and on a passed ball tried stealing home. He was clearly safe as the catcher made the tag on his rear end and his feet had already crossed the plate, but the ump called him out. Ughhh.... I have never seen Tom go out and talk to the ump before but he did. We ended up doing well and scored two runs. We went to the bottom of the sudden death inning and we held them--so all excited we are heading to the next round which is tomorrow at 1:00. We are guaranteed third place now and will be playing the first team that we lost to in the tournament. We lost pretty badly, but the way we are playing, we may have a chance. Especially because we have beaten them before. Either way, I don't mind if we win or lose as the kids had a great time and we played well. Plus I think we get a medal now anyway so that will make the kids happy. Well I better end this massive paragraph. I have two kids asleep in the basement and they are not mine-I need to get my to fall asleep now. I will post pictures tomorrow!

No comments: