Cole with our vehicle!
It is just 9:00 in KC and everything is quiet at the Gacke's. Boy is that sure a change from the last five nights. Living at a Days Inn with 10 boys and their families has been an experience-one I won't forget but probably not miss either. I am sure glad to be home and am ready to sleep in my own bed. It felt good to be able to put Merrick in her bed, Cole in his and have them fall right to sleep-both from exhaustion and from the fact that they each get there own room and own space. We had a great time but again, home is where I am glad to be.
Our team ended up losing the game we had at 3:00 on Tuesday against the Gorillas. We got out to a lead but quickly lost the lead and never recovered. Again, our hitting was not there so it was hard to score any runs. Cole had the only two hits of the final game, so we were very proud of him. He didn't pitch any but did well at first. It was sad, but it was such a great experience for the boys and they had a blast-which was the most important.
For those of you who have never attended a little league World Series, we began with a banquet where all the boys and families came together to eat. The boys traded pins with the other teams and now cole has a cool towel with team pins from all the teams that played in the Series. They had a key note speaker as well as a magic show. We then headed to the ball field where all the teams paraded onto the field holding their state flags (there were teams from Missouri, Kansas, Arkansas, and Oklahoma). The next day, they had a skills competition where the kids competed individually or in small groups for different things (home run derby, throwing, running bases, and relay race). Our team took home first place in the relay. They then started pool play in which you play three games to give you your seed for the bracket. As I stated we lost all three of those so we were one of the last seeds which meant we played the top seed in the bracket play. We did end up winning our second bracket play so we didn't go 0-5 like another team did! The kids had a great time-they did a lot of swimming, ate a lot of junk, played a lot of tag, watched tv, played Play Station, and went to see a movie. It will be a memory that we will never forget.
Merrick was in rare form, although I can't blame her as going to six games in 4 days takes a toll on anyone let alone a 2 year old. I am most glad to be back as I am tired of chasing around and giving in to avoid a tantrum. She is in bed exhausted as naptime went to the wayside.
We did finish last night at 5:30 but most of us stayed the night (we were going to be charged for the room anyway and it was a 4 hour trip back). This morning our family went to the Marine Corp Museum that was in the town we were staying in. Cole and Merrick bored easily but Tom enjoyed it so it was nice to do something other than baseball. We got home around 5:00 and I am just finishing my last load of laundry. We are headed back to Iowa this weekend so I needed to get some things washed and repacked. I am going to a waterpark with a friend tomorrow as well as tutoring. We will leave for Iowa on Friday. We hope you all are enjoying your week. I am only posting a couple pictures as I am too tired to wait for more to load. Enjoy!
PS-Thanks to my mom and dad for coming down to the World Series. They drove 10 hours to see Cole play in two and half games and drove 10 hours back. Cole appreciated it soo much.
No comments:
Post a Comment