Thursday, July 5, 2007

Happy Belated Birthday America!

Merrick on her big girl bike!
Cole with his best friend from Platte County, Corey.
I hope that you all were able to enjoy your 4th of July. Those of us here in KC had some rain move in at about 3 and it didn't let up until about 6. It did make for a beautiful summer night though. No bugs and cooler. It also made us not so worried about our houses. Why do you ask? Well with fireworks legal in Missouri, there are hundreds of people who shoot off fireworks. We had neighbors shooting off fireworks both in front of our house and behind, so the rain helped to make us feel a little safer. We enjoyed our day with one of our neighbors for a BBQ and the Vasquez's joined us later for dessert and fireworks. We didn't go anywhere to watch an actual fireworks show-but sitting on my neighbors deck we were able to see many displays of awesome fireworks. The one bad thing about that was there was no finale and you just wanted to sit for hours and watch the displays. But with a 2 1/2 year old, she was tired and ready for bed as was her daddy who had worked the night before. It was a good evening.
Cole played his first tourney game with the Cardinals on Tuesday. What a great game, unfortunately we lost it in the end 10-8, but it was such an exciting game. Cole pitched a did well although they scored 5 runs on his time pitching. He didn't do so well hitting. He had 1 walk and 2 strikeouts. His best friend from his old school struck him out so that hurt (although Cole came back and struck him out as well). Tom and I were so disappointed as he didn't even swing his bat -- so unlike Cole. We decided that he hasn't been out playing baseball like he used to. He is more interested in playing baseball on his Gamecube than outside these days (part of it I think is he is on both teams-but the other part is my fault for allowing the Gamecube in my home). So we took away the Gamecube for awhile until he begins to play outside more. We will see. His next game is with the Bulldogs tomorrow night (the Cardinals also play tomorrow night but our games are at the same time so we will play with the Bulldogs).

Merrick finally learned to pedal her big girl bike. She does awesome on her tricycle but she couldn't pedal her big girl bike. I finally realized why, her trike could pedal forward and backward so then she would get on her big girl bike and it only went forward. This was hard for her to understand and to push herself to get going, but last night she got it and I was so proud of her.

We are heading to the pool today, Tom has to help the neighbor learn how to shoot a gun at the shooting range today, and then I tutor this afternoon. I need to finish cleaning the garage from last night and get ready for my tutoring session. Plus I have the neighbor kids so need to entertain for a little while. I hope you all have a great rest of the week.

No comments: