Well, I got to the ball park tonight right at 6:00 for the 6:00 game. I go to sit in the stands and one of the other mom's says, "we won!" I said, what? She proceeds to show me that only 7 kids from the other team showed up and the manager from the league was there saying that they had to forfeit. Great for us, we are moving on to the next round. They decided just to play a practice game with the other team. Kind of boring I thought but it only lasted a few innings then we went home. Tom and I came home and worked on hitting with Cole. He informed Tom that someone told him that he looked like Ichiro when he swings so that is why he changed his stance. It looks like his watching ESPN and playing Gamecube has really affected his baseball play, as he switches his stance at the plate each time he comes to bat so he looks like a different major league player. Needless to say, Tom and I were very irritated. So we had to work on getting back to the Cole Gacke stance. Hopefully he will get back into his stance before our World Series play in Arkansas in two weeks.
Tomorrow our game is at 11:00 and then Tom will come home to sleep. If we win at 11:00 we will play again at 5:00. We found out the Cardinals lost their game tonight so we are done with that team for the tourney. I can't say I am sorry. I have the neighbors kids tomorrow while they are at a 30th birthday party for another neighbor. Tom works so I might as well be the designated babysitter. I want to try to finish cleaning my basement. I never realized how sentimental I was until last night when I started. I just can't make myself donate or throw away my kids toys. I found some dumb things I have kept over the years and the millions of moves and I really wonder why. Oh well. We will see how it goes and if I really get that done. Have a great weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment