Sunday, July 1, 2007

Relaxing Weekend

Cole and Merrick on a walk today. I love that you can see their personalities in their attire. The sports buff in his t-shirt and shorts and the princess in her "pretty" dress.
Well, this weekend didn't turn into a most spectacular weekend, but it was very relaxing. Yesterday it rained for most of the morning and then was gloomy and cool the remainder of the day. I spent the morning cleaning and doing laundry and the afternoon was taken away with spending time getting Merrick back to the routine of nap (it took my an hour and a half to get her to fall asleep-but I was determined to get routine back into our lives) and I also took a nap as I had been up several times in the night. Tom, Merrick and I went out to eat while Cole spent the night at a teammates house for his birthday party.


Today was spent cleaning the garage and returning items to school that I used at summer school. My classroom is a mess as they waxed the floors in my bathroom and I use my bathroom as storage. I had no desire to start on the mess today--so I left it and enjoyed a little freedom from Merrick to get a few groceries.


I spent the remainder of the evening chatting with the neighbors, my parents, and a friend from school. I need to finish picking up the house again as I will have the neighbor children beginning tomorrow. Jordan is spending the night with Cole and Jerilynn will be here in the morning. I hope you all have a wonderful week. We begin baseball tournament tomorrow so it looks like we will be playing Monday (Bulldogs), Tuesday (Cardinals), Thursday (possible Cardinals) and Friday (Bulldogs). Play will extend into the weekend if we win. If we lose we will be done by Friday. We actually think the Bulldogs have a better chance of going further in the tournament than the Cardinals as the Cardinals are in the top bracket of their division but the lowest seed. The Bulldogs are in the bottom bracket but middle seed. We will see. I will post results this week.

No comments: