Tuesday, July 10, 2007

We are the Champions!

So, Tom and I are eating our words tonight as the Bulldogs pulled out a wonderful win against the Angels to win the Championship Game. We are the Champions! It was a rough last two days. We played the Angels last night and to my disgust our win against them last night did not mean we had won the tournament. It turns out that because it was a double elimination tournament, we had to play the Angels again as they were undeafeted going into the game on Monday. I was nervous as I really thought we would not pull through and win again tonight but to my delight we did! It was a great game and went down to the last inning but we ended up staying ahead. The kids are super excited as they should be. They have made some great gains this year and Tom is so proud. He was even brought to tears himself tonight!

Last night, Cole pitched an awesome game. He also was perfect at the plate (a triple, a double, and a walk). Tonight he also did well behind the plate--although his arm was pretty tired so he only pitched two innings. He was bummed that he didn't go back in to pitch at the end to get the win, but he did great. He got a single and was hit by the pitch tonight (he's ok). Overall we are so proud of him this year! I know this is a much shortened form of stats for cole but I am too tired to really go into detail.

As for my meeting with the superintendent--it went fine, although I felt is was a waste of my time. I sat in the lobby for 30 minutes and met with him for less than 5. Basically there are no openings as of now, but he expects that their still may be. If he can hire a SPED teacher then he will keep me in mind. I didn't walk away feeling as if my hopes had been shattered but didn't walk away with a great feeling of getting a K job. I am a little nervous because I don't know how late it will be offered to me--will I be ready to switch jobs and rooms with only a week before the start of school?

Have a great rest of the week. I will get pictures posted tomorrow-but tonight I need to sleep!

No comments: