Thursday, August 28, 2008

The Big 3-0

Yes, it is true, on Tuesday I turned the Big 3-0. To tell you the truth, I have wanted to be thirty for awhile now. I know wierd huh. Most others are not looking forward to 30, but I have always wanted to be older (still that kid in me). I know it is because I have a 10 year old and no, I wouldn't ever want to change the fact that I had him so young, but it is hard when you get looks because you say you are only 29 and you have a 10 year old. Yes, I do care what people think, I know I shouldn't but I do. Of course Tom and I were married early due to our beautiful surprise but it has been such a joy to have Cole in our lives. Now that I am thirty-maybe I won't feel that everyone is judging me!

I am very content being 30-I haven't accomplished too many major things in my life, but I am proud of what I have done. I have given birth to three beautiful and unique children. I have taught for 6 years and pushed to teach at the kindergarten level-so I look forward to that wonderful opportunity. I have been married to my soul mate for 11 years and like a fine wine, marriage definitely gets better with age. We have our own house and really love where we are at. I look forward to seeing what the next 10 years bring and then maybe hitting the big 4-0 will be scary. Thanks for all the birthday wishes!

No comments: