Friday, August 15, 2008

End of Summer

It is so sad when summer comes to an end and you think-where did that time go? School starts on Tuesday. We had our back to school night last night and WOW was it great! This was my first time being the classroom teacher (being a SPED teacher is much different on BTS night). I loved seeing all my kiddos and seeing their excitement for the coming year. I feel bad as I know I cut a few parents short, plus a lot of my SPED kiddos kept coming in to see me so it was hard balancing it all. Thank goodness I have a great sub in my room who busily got me ready on Tuesday, Wednesday, and thursday. Thanks Courtney-you are truly the greatest gift from god right now! I will work again on Tuesday and Wednesday and then I will officially start as a Kindergarten teacher on September 8th. I am glad that I am taking time off (Tom thought I shouldn't take so much time) because after working a full day I was absolutely exhausted. I am so excited to start teaching but at the same time will be so sad to leave Merrick and Macy. Merrick had a hard time yesterday when I left-of course Macy didn't notice and Cole doesn't care as he is just playing, playing, playing before going back to school. Tom did awesome. SUPER DAD had the kids all day (including two neighbor kids for an hour and a half) and then had to bring all three to back to school night for Cole. He didn't fill out all the paper work and brought it down to me to fill out but had gotten them all there dressed in decent clothes and everything. Thanks honey.

Not much planned for this weekend-doing some school work and cleaning the house. Macy will be baptized next weekend up in Sibley so we will head up there on Friday. Busy week ahead!

On one final note I want to say Congratulations to my sister Ashley and her soon to be hubby Bob. That is right, my sister got engaged on Monday and we are so happy for her. We absolutely love Bob and are excited to welcome him as a brother/uncle. Ashley has found such a wonderful man to spend the rest of her life with and we are so happy for her. It was hard for me not to share my news-but I wanted her to be able to tell her friends before I blabbed it on to others! They are still in the process of figuring out details of course, but I will keep you up to date. She did ask Merrick and I to be in her wedding so we are very excited and honored to be a part of her special day. Thanks Ash-we love you guys and once again congratulations!

No comments: