Thanks to my wonderful dream baby, this momma got to sleep 5 straight hours last night plus another 1 and 45 minutes. Yes, I got over 6 hours of sleep last night-hooray! I fed Macy at 10:15 last night and was in bed by ten to 11. At 4:00, I woke up and realized that I hadn't been up with her yet. I listened and heard sucking so I figured she was fine. Tom rolled over so I asked him if he had gotten up with her-he said no and said is she ok. So I jumped out of bed, heart racing (even though I had heard sucking) and went over to check on her. Even though she was swaddled she had managed to move up against the side of the bassinet which I think was the reason she hadn't woken up as her binky was staying in her mouth due to being up against the side of the crib. I moved her back to the middle of the crib and went back to lay down. I fell back asleep by 4:30 and awoke to a fussing baby at 5:30-yes she slept a good 6 1/2 hours. Yippee. She is back to sleep again after her feeding at 5:30. I know that this will not be a nightly occurance at this early in the game but I am grateful for the sleep. The night before she woke up at 1:30-and I tried to soothe her with a pacifier to no avail so I fed her. By the time the feeding was over (she usually takes 45 minutes to eat) I was wide awake. i went on to stay up until 6 am and then fell back asleep until 7-so I only got 3 hours of sleep the night before-the 5 hour straight really helped!
We are having some couples over tonight so Tom can watch the UFC fight. I was looking forward to it early in the week but I never got out grocery shopping so I have to do that and do a little cleaning-so of course I am not looking forward to it now. Atleast I didn't take on cooking for these people-just going to make a few munchies-not over do it-and others are bringing something as well. Should be a fun night now that i am not soo tired.
Have a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment