I have to say that being a mom of three has been a breeze the last week and a half. But, I think it must have been going too easy as I got my first reality check last night and somehow woke up this morning with three kids in my bed with me.
Macy has been a dream baby, hardly ever crying, just eating and sleeping. Last night she decided that she didn't want to be my dream baby and wasn't content unless mommy was holding her. At first I thought it was just that time that she needed to have another ounce added to her bottle as she wasn't getting enough-but after feeding her that didn't seem to be it. Then I thought it has to be her tummy-she hadn't had a bowl movement. Which I think was part of the reason she was a little fussy-those poor formula fed babies always get a little constipated due to all the iron in the formula. But she decided to be up every 3 hours last night for a feeding, so I will up the formula, at least at night so we can get back to 4 or 5 hours. She is fine this morning and was a great baby in church!
Merrick came into my room about 2:30 (as I was feeding Macy) and climbed into my bed as she had had a bad dream. Of course she continually told me to be quiet-or keep that baby quiet-because she was trying to sleep.
Cole was up at 2:15 as he needed more aloe on his body. He spent the entire day at the water park and got burnt to a crisp (the neighbors were so sorry and stated he did have sun screen on!). So I rubbed aloe on him before I started feeding Macy and sent him back to bed. At 5:30, Macy and Cole were back up so we all laid in my bed. Of course all this and Tom worked last night, ughh..
Tom came home early as we were suppose to go to church at 7:30 this morning but after my night I had no desire. Although since he came home, I quickly showered, dressed, got Merrick dressed while Tom got Macy ready and us three girls headed to church. Not sure why Tom didn't go but didn't feel like arguing with Cole and making him put anything on his sunburn. Of course, my priest was not at church today, so I didn't get to talk to him about baptism-so Tom didn't need to take an hour off work this morning. What a day.
Looking back it wasn't such a bad night, but for being as tired as I was, it was enough to keep me on my toes as a momma with three kids. I wouldn't change it for the world!
No comments:
Post a Comment