Saturday, May 19, 2007

Beautiful Weather=Beautiful Weekend

I just love this type of weather. It reminds me of my days in California. Perfect weather-not too hot, but warm enough to sit and enjoy-no humidity and no bugs until after sunset. Ahhh.. I wish I could make time stand still and have more of these days.

Yesterday, Cole had his field trip to Science City at Union Station. I have never been there in our 5 years in Kansas City. It was fun and the kids had a great time. I can't say the same for Tom who was brave enough to volunteer-unfortunately he had worked twelve hours the night before and was going on no sleep and no food. He was a bit tired and cranky but Cole loved that his dad was there. I went as a teacher as most of my kids are in third grade. I walked around the morning checking on kids and then supervised an ED kid in the afternoon. I wasn't even thinking about bringing my camera so Tom took a few pictures with his phone. Turns out I don't know how to send them to my computer so I can't post any. Sorry-I will try to post some other pics of the kids tomorrow. All in all-Cole had fun-I think we will go back there this summer.

Today, my neighbors and I went to City Market. Another first for me. It was wonderful-flowers and produce were super cheap and plentiful. I got a hanging basket and some produce all for $14. I was excited. We then had Cole's ball game. The kids didn't play well and lost to a team we should have beaten. Cole wasn't hitting well-although only a couple kids did. He did have to relief pitch again today-Tom said he wouldn't be pitching again for awhile but they put him in to get us out of the last inning. He did well once again. Then my neighbor and I went out to get a graduation gift for another neighbor and got some groceries. We then all sat outside and enjoyed the weather-some pizza-cake-and a few beers (the boys did atleast). It was a great day. I will try to get some pictures of the kids tomorrow. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

No comments: