So, it is 1:40 on Sunday morning, and I can't sleep. Odd for me as I didn't sleep well last night. Guess I have so much on my mind. Wish that I could have felt like this during school-maybe I would have gotten more done.
Today we had another game with the Cardinals. It was a great game-it rained on us for about 20 minutes-so Merrick and I sat in the car. The kids battled back and forth and were up going into the bottom of the 5th (the last inning because of rain delay). Unfortunately the other team scored on a bunch of past balls and we lost 8 to 7. It was a good game though. Cole played first base again and got some great digs. He was up to bat 3 times and walked every time. He was kind of bummed because he was only given one strike-nothing to hit off of.
Both kids needed baths badly as I didn't get them done this morning so they did that this evening. Then my plan was to put them to bed early. Once in awhile I let them sleep in the same room. Merrick has her tent up so she slept in there and cole slept in her bed tonight. Unfortunately-going to bed early turned into going to bed late. I left them alone and I went into my room to read- I could hear Cole saying, "Merrick you better close your eyes or I am going to tell mom" or "Merrick stop talking and go to sleep." Yes, Cole was sound asleep before Merrick. She finally went to sleep after water and a bathroom break. I went back to reading but couldn't get into the book. I decided I would take a bath but needed to wash the tub-that turned into cleaning the bathrooms (all 3), cleaning the kitchen, laundry room, cleaning out the freezer, picking up the living room, picking up my bedroom, and finally hanging up 45 of Cole's tshirts and sweatshirts (I decided we needed to go through his clothes and donate some as he has way to many shirts). It is now this late and I am finally finished (between cleaning I was checking email, surfing the web, etc.). I usually never clean this much or this late at one time unless company is coming. Guess, I don't want to have to do it on my one week off. Anyway, I think I am going to take my bath now in my nice clean tub. Hope you all have a wonderful Memorial Weekend. We will be celebrating with the neighbors and praying for all those who have lost their lives in the military.
No comments:
Post a Comment