Relief-that's what I am full of tonight. Another year over, my room is semi-straightened up and I get a few days off. I enjoyed my school year but even more so enjoyed 2:30 when I was able to check out with my principal. Although I am already thinking of next year. Today, one of our kindergarten teacher's was transferred to another elementary school. The kindergarten team approached me and told me to talk to the principal. I wasn't sure as this late in the year, with being a SPED teacher, I didn't really think I had a chance, but I gave it a shot. Now I am just praying. I know that God will put me in the position I was meant to be in next year. Although I would love Kindergarten, I just don't know what the plan will be for me. My principal appreciated me telling him-although I got the-do you have any experience? question. I explained that I never was given the opportunity being a SPED teacher and all. I also tried to play up the fact that all the rest on the team have experience and could really be great mentors for me. We will see. If you could send a prayer my way-I would appreciate it.
I was sad for Cole on his last day. Mr. Langhorst was an awesome teacher for Cole. He won't get another male teacher until middle school. I took Cole home early as Tom was sleeping and it was so cute because all the kids kept saying goodbye. I am so glad Cole is at my school the kids are great.
Merrick also had her last day at her normal babysitter (she doesn't take kids in the summer). It was sad as the other two toddlers are going back to a day care beginning Tuesday. Merrick will be the only toddler this fall with two small babies. I am sad, but know that Barb is so wonderful with merrick and I don't want to lose that.
I met Tom this afternoon and he bought a new camera so I will see if I can begin using that one-although he says it is his. I think that is ok, as I really like my little one. Have a great weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment