Friday, May 11, 2007

It's Friday Night!







So, it is Friday night. If you remember my post from a few weeks ago, you would bet that I was lying around doing absolutely nothing. Guess what, you are wrong. I actually am being somewhat productive tonight. It was teacher appreciation week this week and thanks to all the lovely parents at Schumacher, I was rewared with $35 in gift certificates. I was lucky enough to get $20 in a Lowe's gift card so I made Tom take me out tonight and I bought some flowers with my gift card. Tonight I planted my geraniums in my large pot and then I was even ambitious enough to dig out an area in front of my mailbox for petunia's. I planted these and know I am getting ready to finish laundry and pick up the house. Thanks PTA for a wonderful Teacher appreciation week. Cole is at a friends house over night tonight-Tom is working-so Merrick was out playing. As you can see in the picture she was a little confused on the weather and informed me she needed her hat on because it might snow, needless to say I think it hit 90 today.

Today we also had Field Day at school. It was nice as I was able to follow Cole's class around and watch him perform. It sure isn't like Field day when I was in elementary school but the kids had fun. Tom was bored but made it out for part of the show. It was a beautiful warm day and the kids were exhausted. Thank goodness our school has air conditioning. I have included a picture from the event.

Tomorrow, Merrick and I are going to the zoo with my friend Jen and her son Nicholas. We are excited to see the new Koala exhibit-although Jen told me they sleep 20 hours a day so don't get too excited. Kind of like the Panda exhibit in San Diego. Tom is going on a pub crawl all day. The hospital does this crawl to help raise money for Cancer. It's a great cause but don't know what to expect from Tom tomorrow night. My neighbors and I are headed to the bars tomorrow night. We will see how that goes as well. Take care and hope you all have a great weekend.

No comments: