Cole hasn't been to the doctor much in the past few years. I always thought he was such a sickly kid and then he hit elementary school and rarely got sick. I was definitely glad, as once he was in school I was just beginning teaching so I didn't have a lot of sick days to use on my sickly child. Well, things changed this last month I guess. We made another trip to the doctor's office-twice in less than a month. Unusual for Cole. In April he had an ear infection. Today he came home and said, "Mom, I have the spots again on my legs." I took one look and new that we better head to the doctor for some antibiotic. He has staph infection again. He had this last summer and we thought it was due to our swimming pool (we have the 13 ft. by 15 ft by 3 ft. pool with the blow up ring around the edge). Don't have any idea where it came from this time. My pediatrician assured me that staph is not a big deal and is actually a wide spread epidemic. I was worried because there are three kids in my classroom at school who regularly end up with staph. He didn't seem to think that I had a problem in my room-I still beg to differ and think I will try really hard to get my room cleaned and organized this next week as I won't be seeing kids. So $65 later Cole is back on antibiotic and and I am hoping we don't have anymore doctor appointments this year.
I found out today that one of the kindergarten teacher's in my school will not be returning for the 2008-2009 school year (she is going to stay at home with her child in hopes of having another). Anyway, I am excited as I hope it will be God's sign to get my foot in the door for being a kindergarten teacher. It has always been my dream-hope things work out-but still a year away so who knows what will happen in that time. I am going to talk to my principal right away next year so that he knows of my interest and hopefully I can get the job.
Have a great Thursday!
No comments:
Post a Comment