Saturday, May 5, 2007

My baby is 9!







Yes, it is true, Cole turned 9 yesterday. It is so hard to believe. Seems like yesterday when I was walking with my mom every morning trying to get him to come. Needless to say, his laid back manner made him come 10 days late. Hmmm... wonder where he got this. We had his birthday party today/tonight. Yes, it is a quarter to twelve (midnight) and I have 6 boys wide awake in the basement. We had a good time at the Royals game-even though they lost. Cole was happy though as the Royals hit three homeruns. I have to say this was a nice group of boys as I heard many thank you's.






Cole is doing well. Enjoying third grade and his male teacher. Unfortunately he won't be so lucky next year as we only have one male grade level teacher. He started his baseball season a couple weeks ago but needless to say, we only played three games as we keep getting rained out. The forecast doesn't look so bright for this week either as it may rain everyday. These fields don't dry out easy so looks like we will be playing double headers and lots of weekend games in the coming weeks. Cole is pitching and playing first base. He is a superb pitcher and has more speed and accuracy then many kids at his age-(ok I had to brag a little). Of course, mom is a little scared as I hate for him to throw out his arm at this age. He loves the game and is constantly outback playing or making up games in his head and playing them in his head as well. He knows everything about baseball and other sports. He usually turns on ESPN in the morning and watches it for a few minutes. He then runs up to me to give me commentary of the previous nights action. I often smile and nod, as I have no idea who or what he is talking about. Wish that he would put that much effort into chores or cleaning up after himself.






Cole is definitely my son. He is my laid back child. He gives in to Merrick and could spend hours in front of the TV if I allowed him. Of course, he also is a boy and has some attitude problems. I blame it on myself as I really did give him a lot of attention when he was young. I did a whole research project on birth order, but you don't really understand it until you have your own children (or atleast understand their birth position). Cole definitely takes on the "only child" syndrome-being 6 1/2 yeas older than his sissy. He is very competitive and likes all the attention. Although-I really don't see the perfectionism in him, although I do in baseball as he is the toughest on himself. Cole's also a hamm-he loves to be goofy (making faces, talking in a goofy voice, or just laughing like his mommy). He's a good kid and I am so glad that he was my first. He will always be my baby (and according to Tom, i still treat him that way). I can't help it.






I've included a few pictures from his birthday party. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Looks like it was a blast and I am jealous you get to watch outdoor baseball. I hope Cole had a good time, I'm glad that I got to catch up with him the other day. Miss you guys.