Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Take Me Out to the Ballgame


Well, baseball is back. It was nice to get back to the baseball field tonight. The first time in three weeks. I was so proud of Cole. He pitched like a rock star. He struck out 8 batters and only pitched three innings (league rules). Not bad for a 9 year old-wish I could say the game turned out better. We lost pretty badly. Tom was head coach tonight and was so disappointed (well probably more ticked off). Our team just isn't a team-hoping we can win at least one game this season. Cole walked and grounded out to third when he was up to bat. Can't say that any of our kids got a hit tonight-although our fielding was even worse. Oh well, I will move on and know that Cole did great. Merrick was an angel also tonight. She played right in front of the bleachers and then sat on my lap for the other half. No running and chasing so I actually got to watch the game.

Today at school my SPED team and I had a file conversion day. We had to take all of our SPED files ( and for those of you who are teachers-you know those things can be huge) and transfer them to new files. It was a tiring day but thankfully they are done (of course those of you who know my procrastination also know that this was an eye opener to what I still needed to get into my files). My para taught my kiddos and I was very thankful. She will be stuck doing that for much of the rest of the year. We have so many meetings, assessing, and class placement before the end of the year-don't know what to do.
Hope you all enjoy the rest of your week-can't believe it is only Wednesday tomorrow. I feel as if it should be Friday.


No comments: