Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day

I hope that all the mothers out there enjoyed their day. To my mother and mother-in-law, we love you both very much. We thank you for loving us even through our tough moments and raising us into the parents we are today. Words cannot express our appreciation of you both.

My mother's day was nice and relaxing. The first half of the morning was spent in bed. Tom and I learned a few lessons last night on our excursions out into the bar scene. 1. Eat before you drink--it does really help absorb (of course I knew this but was reminded of it last night) 2. You can't hang with the others if you don't pace yourself--this was more for Tom who was downing pitchers on his crawl as no one was finishing the beer and they were racing the other teams. 3. When you tell others that enough is enough-don't keep drinking the drinks they buy for you-they are not the ones suffering, they are enjoying the comedy of watching you suffer. 4. Don't go out on a night that your husband is out elsewhere-it makes you crazy especially when he wants you to come pick up his drunk *** and you are 20 miles away drunk yourself. 5. Thank the neighbors for picking you up and cleaning their car after you get sick. We both had a good time, but decided next time we would go out together and find a DD in advance. We did make it to Red Robin for lunch and ran a few errands and rested some more this afternoon.

Cole had a great weekend, spending the night at friends houses both Friday and Saturday. I asked him to come home and spend some time with his mom today and he said-I spent 3 hours with you yesterday-wasn't that good? Merrick and I did make it to the zoo-she was whiney and we didn't make it through the whole zoo. We saw the backside of the Koala who was sleeping and of course nuzzled in so it was just a gray blob. Next time we will have to go when they are feeding it-then maybe we can get a peek at it.

Well I better go-Merrick needs a bath, Cole needs to read and take a shower and I need to finish lesson plans for the week (last week of teaching for me this year). Hope you all have a wonderful week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you guys need a banna bag!
or whatever they are called!
happy mothers day!
patricoxo