Thursday, May 17, 2007

Will my luck every change?

I tell you-I must be the worst driver in the world. Well, maybe it is more I have the worst depth perception ever. I was heading to another game of Cole's-we were running a little late as I had a meeting for summer school. Anyway, I saw Tom's car so I thought I would pull in beside him. Crunch.... Yep, I hit his car. Can you believe it? Luckily his car is taller than mine so I didn't do any damage to his. Unlucky for me as i did damage mine. I tore the paint off a good chunk of my bumper. I can't believe it. Tom must really love me as he wasn't too hard on me. Thank goodness as I don't know that I could take any more guilt-I feel terrible enough the way it is.



The day wasn't much better. Rumor around the school (according to my assistant principal-soon to be principal) is that we are going from 3.5 SPED teachers to 2 SPED teachers meaning I will be starting with 24 kids. Kind of scarey, beings we usually get 6-8 more kids in the year. I know regular ed teachers have this many students but how do you teach small group when you have an entire class on your hands. Definitely time to get out of SPED.

Cole's team won an exciting game. We were up 6-2 in the top of the 6th inning. The other team went on a run. At the bottom of the 6th we were down, 6-7. We thought the game was over-but we hadn't hit the time limit. We go up and scored another run in the 7th. Tom and Jerry (the other coach) put Cole in to pitch and Cole held them to no runs. The umpires allow us to go into sudden death-we score 6 runs in the top of the 8th. Cole held them to 4 more runs and we ended up winning 13-10!!! Cole wasn't suppose to pitch but once again dominated the outs-striking out 6 in 2 innings. Tom swears that Cole won't be pitching again for awhile-we will see.

I need to get some work done and watch Grey's Anatomy before hitting the sack. We are heading to Science City tomorrow-better get some sleep.